The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung in China regularly offers full-time internships (40 working hours) to German and Chinese university Master-level students. Internships generally cover a period of about three months. Please submit your application as much in advance as possible. The internship has to take place either from February to mid-July or from September to mid-December.
1. We expect
- Excellent command of German and very good command of English
- Good knowledge of Mandarin
- Familiarity with the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung and its values;
- Applicants with the following academic backgrounds are especially suited for an internship at FES China: political science, economics, Asian studies, international relations, sociology or related fields.
2. Tasks and Opportunities
Internships with FES in China consist of assisting in office work but we make a strong effort to personalize the content of the internship and to closely match the interests of our interns with an involvement in current FES project lines.
Tasks include, but are not limited to: logistics surrounding conferences and workshops, writing of conference reports, research, documentation, office administration and support of experts and delegations. Interns may also have the opportunity to do research on their master's thesis during their internship as long as the research topic is deemed useful for the work of FES in China.
During their stay, interns will also learn about the wide range of issues and topics covered by FES in China and are encouraged to write a short-to-medium sized research paper on a topic within the range of activities of FES Shanghai.
Applicants need to be enrolled in a Chinese university and possess a valid student visa for the entire internship period. FES unfortunately cannot provide letters of invitation for visa application nor provide assistance with this process.
- https://www.fes.de/standorte/fes-international/ (in German).
- https://www.daad.de/ausland/praktikum/stipendien/de/(in German)
- http://www.das-neue-bafoeg.de/de/384.php(in German)
Please apply to either FES Beijing or FES Shanghai Office with the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Application, including
- motivation for application
- academic field of interest related to the work of FES China
- envisaged internship period
- University certificates and certificates of internships or other kinds of work experiences